Picnic area along the shores of Goldeye Lake
A great spot for a family adventure
Based on a visit to the area on August 31, 2015
The area is near Nordegg and offers a good option for those looking for an afternoon spot to relax, swim, rent a canoe from nearby Goldeye Centre, fish or enjoy a stroll along its shores.
Old water pump by the lake
Plan Your Adventure
The information in this guide is based on our visit to the area on August 31, 2015.
- Activity: Picnic
- Number of Site: 3
- Picnic Tables: Yes
- Washrooms: Dry toilets
- Water: No – water from the hand pumps is not potable
- Fire Pits: Yes
- Shelter: No
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Playground: No
- Season: April to October
- Congestion: Moderate
- Location: The day use area is located 8 km west of Nordegg along highway 11. Watch for the Goldeye Lake Provincial Recreation Area and Goldeye Centre signs. The day use area is a short drive away on a well maintained gravel access road. Drive through the campground, following the signs for sites 1-19.
- Management: Alberta Parks
- Protection Status: Goldeye Lake PRA
- Dogs Allowed: Yes – on leash
- Permits / Restrictions: None
- Cell Reception: Good
- For your safety and the protection of the area please follow trail signs, stay on the trail and respect all trail closures
- Be respectful of wildlife and familiarize yourself with wildlife safety techniques including keeping your pet on a leash and keeping your group together.
- Always use the bear proof garbage bin, keep a clean site and store your food in a bear safe fashion.
- Always be prepared when travelling outdoors.
- This area has cell phone reception.
- Information provided here may be inaccurate or outdated. Always make sure to obtain current information before going on your adventure.
There are inherent risks in outdoor activities. Although we strive to provide accurate information and to alert you of potential dangers, trail conditions may change quickly due to weather conditions and other factors. Using the information provided on this site is entirely at your own risk and Pursuit Adventures is in no ways liable for any injuries or other damages that may be sustained by anyone using the trails or information described on this site.
Have you been to this area? Let us know about your adventure in the comments below.