Reflections on the pond
One of the most relaxing and enjoyable place in Central Alberta
Based on a visit to the area on August 5, 2012
Looking for insects at the pond
Bird houses throughout the property
Stop by for a stroll on the trails, check out the world’s largest outdoor collection of bluebird nest box, relax in the gardens or take part in one of their programs.
Take A Stroll
Head out for a walk around the property on the stroller and wheelchair friendly path. Keep an eye out for beavers and a variety of birds along the way. Plan on taking lots of breaks along the way and don’t forget to bring your camera. The pond and gardens offer great photo opportunities and the large collection of bluebird nest box provide great backdrops.
Programs and Special Events
Take part in one of their many events throughout the summer including photography workshops, the bug jamboree and the bluebird festival. Make sure to check their website to find out more about what’s happening this month.
Plan on making a stop for ice cream or a enjoy a delicious lunch at the farmhouse.
Plan Your Adventure
- Season: Open Tuesday to Sunday from Victoria Day to Labour Day
- Recommended Visit: 2+ hour
- Family Friendly: Great for all ages
- Admission fees: By donation – some programs have fees
- Location: From Red Deer, go north on Highway 2 to the Blackfalds turn-off. From there go approximately 15 km east on Highway 597 then go north on Prentiss Road (RR 26-0) for another 4km.
Visit their website at ellisbirdfarm.ca for more information.
Did you know Pursuit Adventures can plan a visit to the Kerry Wood Nature Centre as part of a custom tour, built just for you?